Downstream oil refining
Downstream Oil Refining
The Lyndon Energy team has extensive expertise in the downstream elements of the oil value chain based on a combined in-house experience spanning more than 70 years.
Our Principal Downstream Consultant is Mike Cloud. Mike is a highly experienced refiner who has carried out commercial optimisation for a portfolio of refineries and has performed lead M&A roles in refinery purchases and sales. Mike was Commercial Manager for BP’s Nerefco refinery in Rotterdam for a number of years and was involved deeply in the BP/Mobil European JV working out of BP’s Brussels offices. Mike has extensive experience in performing refinery valuations for M&A purposes and has occupied leadership roles in a number of joint venture refining organisations internationally.
Refining, Refinery Optimisation & M&A Support Services
- Development of economic models to simulate commercial performance
- Support any commercial negotiation, at any point in the negotiation
- Review/develop negotiation strategy
- Identification of long term “win-win” potential outcomes
- Support to negotiations as required by client
- Support to refinery sale or purchase negotiations
- Business case review/assurance, asset valuation
- Crude negotiations: pricing; long/short term sales and marketing
- Advising or developing refining Joint Venture operating procedures
- Originating crude oil supply
- Dispute resolution